here’s some news: I can’t plan. Or maybe that isn’t news at all. So far it hasn’t really gotten me into trouble, haven’t missed any appointments yet and I’m never late. But it’s a whole lot of chaos in my head though and sometimes I do forget some tasks I have to do… what it comes down to: organising sucks but it does help. But I need something more than just buying an agenda. I tried that many times, works for about a week and then I loose the thing or get annoyed by its layout or the size etc. And staying motivated and organised takes more then just writing down your deadlines and appointments in a planner. So I decided to make my own! Wrapped in a “2 week challenge” but if you manage to do this for two weeks and notice that it works it will be easier to turn it into a habit.
I combined a lot of productivity tips & tricks I’ve found on the internet and combined it into a workbook.
Here are some of the tips:
- Wake up early, go to bed at strict times.
- Take breaks, move a little every 45 minutes.
- Eat regularly
- Work out
- Take one day a week without work (yes you need some rest too! I forget this often)
- Plan as much as you can the evening before, including your outfit.
- Look good everyday, looking good will make you feel better about yourself, which will make you more motivated and productive. So take some time for that as well, it’s important!
- Plan “spare” time for last minute assignments or tasks that take more time then expected.
- Only use your social media/email at strict times, turn off your notifications.
As you can read it isn’t just planning. It involves a lot more, which is key to becoming more productive and staying organised.
>>> You can download the workbook here.