as promised a review about the Arctic Fox hairdye!
I dyed my hair two days ago and so far I’m extremely satisfied.
(No I’m not getting paid to write this, it’s the truth.)
I went from a dark red to purple and here’s how:
– For a while I’ve been using semi-permanent hairdye instead of permanent because I knew I wanted to bleach it someday.
– Tuesday evening I lightened my hair with a mild bleach for 45 minutes. I didn’t want to destroy my entire hair and I prefered a darker colour instead of very bright so my hair didn’t have to turn fully blonde. The result: Orange. Afterwards I used a hairmask to recover my hair a bit.
– Wednesday I walked around like a ginger, people actually liked the colour and I lost count of how many times I had to say that it was just the result of bleaching my hair and I didn’t dye it yet.
– Wednesday evening the moment had finally arrived: dying my hair with Arctic Fox! 236ml for € 18,99, not expensive, I used about half of the bottle (but it’s a guess since you can’t see how much is left). I left it in for 45 minutes, covered it with a plastic cap en heated it with a blow dryer for the first 7 minutes. First thing I noticed? It didn’t stain my skin at all! After 45 minutes I took a luke warm shower and the water turned clear pretty fast, again no stains! Normally I have to scrub the entire bathroom after I dyed my hair…
– Thursday morning I woke up, no stains on my skin and only very very light stains on my white pillow, I went to sleep with wet hair! But during the day it did stain my nails a bit every time I touched my hair.
– Friday (today) first time washing! When shampooing my hair the water got really purple but it turned clear very quickly again. Doesn’t seem faded a bit yet.
And the most important part, the result:
( I wanted to take a selfie and then accidentally pressed the slow-motion button, haha. And I have new glasses!)
As you can see some spots are still a bit red.. but I don’t really mind since I like it when it isn’t a completely flat colour. But it might turn ugly fast so I wonder how quickly everything will fade.
So the pros:
+ Doesn’t stain
+ It smells so good! I was a bit scared for wasps the next day though.
+ Vibrant colour
+ The price! It might seem more expensive but it’s a big bottle.
+ It’s vegan and they donate 15% of their profit to animal charity.
+ It doesn’t hurt your hair.
– Some spots didn’t really turn purple.
– You can’t see how much is left in the bottle.
– Since it’s a bottle you need your own cup, and that does stain.
– They have a smaller collection of colours than Manic Panic and Directions. (though they keep adding)
Purple didn’t seem to last very long, it faded almost completely within two weeks :(
Update 2 (May 2016):
Tried Arctic Fox Transylvania as well! Even better, though the water keeps turning blue/purple/green when I take a shower (4 weeks later) it doesn’t fade as fast. By now my roots have faded to a lighter grey but the rest is still a stunning cool black. Love it!
Update 3: I’ve tried something new: mixing! Check out that post here.
I’m not much of a selfie fan so you guys would have to deal with this snapchat post, haha.
Conclusion, maybe I didn’t use enough dye when I tried the purple one and that’s why it faded so fast…
Have you ever dyed your hair with Arctic Fox? What’s your experience?
Scroll down to leave a comment.
All the bats,